Monday 4 February 2013

The buzz of #ililc3

I have been meaning to write this post a while ago but I guess life, teaching and the odd cold have got in the way!
I am lucky once again to be speaking at the ICT and Languages Conference (or #ILILC3 as it is known on twitter) at the University of Southampton on 9th-10th February 2013 and I can't wait! The excitement on twitter is everywhere, I have already saved the hashtag #ILILC3 (and un-protected my tweets) in order to follow every tweeps and tweets about the conference.
For those of you who don't know about #ILILC3, it is quite simply the highlight of my CPD calendar, a great place to meet lots of like-minded people, some already part of the #mfltwitterati and some who will soon become part of the best MFL staffroom in the world! 
I received the programme a few days ago, wow! How do I divide myself in 2 or 3! So many great sessions at any one time!

The sessions include:
Mobile technologies  Using iOs android Apps for interactive learning, iTunes, Podcasts and other for personalised learning, designing an MFL App, ‘Animating’ grammar. peer and self assessment through mobile technologySocial Media  Using Twitter and other social media tools such as Edmodo & Posterous, effective Blogging, WIKIs and using online tools to record & share learningMaking the most of Web 2.0 Technologies  A range of workshops to showcase how to get the best learning from Web 2,0 tools such as exploring Google Apps, using Tarzia, Vocaroo, and Voicethread to name but a few The Global classroom  Developing and using international links effectively, eTwinning, using authentic materials, developing ICU through online resources, setting up a WIKI to promote your department, using Edmodo, the changing face of CPDDeveloping Speaking   Explore ways to develop pupils speaking skills through social media, on line tools, A level debating ideas, recording methods and moreClosing the gap  Way to support SEN students using technology, supporting speech and language development, promoting Solo taxonomy, developing Maths skills through MFL, understanding the learning process, subtitling for learning



Personally, I will run 2 sessions, the first called 'Web 2.what?' I remember, a few years ago asking myself the exact same question! Little did I know that 3 or 4 years later, web 2.0 would form an integral part of my teaching day-to-day routine.
The second session is about wiki creation, 'What, this is YOUR website miss?' will show you how to create a wiki for your students, for your colleagues, your school which will, no doubt help you raisde the profile of the MFL department.


No comments:

Post a Comment